- HomeWelcome to our site
- About UsWho we are
- ProjectsBrowse our work
- ServicesWhat we do
- CareerGrow together with us
- InsightsLatest news & updates
- ContactInquire for a project
Central Illinois Fiber/ Microwave SONET Ring and Wind Farm Interconnects
As part of two separate 300 Megawatt 345kV Transmission Interconnection Wind Farm Projects, QualiTECH Engineering performed the following design at twenty different locations for our customer to successfully install and commission the over 300 mile communication ring with transmission relaying upgrades.
- 345kV System 1 and System 2 relay upgrades at four separate transmission substation terminals.
- Twenty substations and or microwave sites of OC3 Fiber Nodes.
- Eleven hops of digital microwave.
- Three green field microwave sites with prefabricated shelters backup emergency generation and 250ft to 300ft Towers.
- Two 300 ft Tower Additions and yard expansion to existing microwave facilities.
- Distribution AC interconnections services to all new sites.
- Eight sites of various DC system upgrades or new installations.
Our Deliverables performed under this project included the following:
- Facility Studies, Scope Development, and Site Walk downs.
- Protection and Control Schematics and Wiring.
- DC system design and battery calculations.
- Radio Path Surveys.
- Survey, Grading Plans, foundations and design permitting.
- Tower and equipment grounding design.
- Utility Service interconnect request.
- Equipment and Building Specifications.
- Procurement support and material ordering.
- SCADA design and programming.
- Document Management.
- Operating Procedures.